Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word Print Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowee

Technical User
May 17, 2001
US
I have two employees one has word 2002 one has 2003. when they try to open a document to print .. sometimes (but not always) it will cut off the bottom of the page and footer of the first pagea nd also prints that way. you will see only a top of the words in the line. the one that has 2003 version if she shuts down word and reopens it then it will show the the first page correctly..thanks :)

This may be a printer driver or graphics driver problem. The latter sounds highly likely. Check that you have the latest drivers for both and update if necessary.

Regards: tf1

It could also be that one has a different default paper size in to the other. If the documents are in .doc format, the paper size (File>>Page Setup) is stored in the document, and "shouldn't" be a problem, although it's worth checking (and I don't know if 2002/2003 formats are identical).

However, if you are not using .doc then Word just makes a guess at the paper size, and if your defaults are different then this may be giving problems. Check that both are set to the same paper size, and stick to it. Ideally 'A4' - sometimes you find it is set to 'Letter'.

Paper size definitelly. Had that problem many times.

Both the printer definitions and the word document should have the same matching value as the paper used on the printer.

Having Word with A4, and the printer with "Letter", if you print into a A4 printer (with A4 paper) then what you mention will probably happen.

As a rule (I'm from Europe) I always change the default paper size to A4 in all the computers I put my hands on, including some of my colleagues.

All all organizations to which I give support are also installed/changed that way.

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back