Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word. Page number vertical on landscape page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennedymr2

Programmer
May 23, 2001
AU
I have a very large microsoft word document.

Most of the document is in portrait and I want to print it that way with page numbers in the bottom right hand corner.

However, I do have some pages that are in landscape.

My question pertains to PAGE NUMBERING ON THE LANDSCAPE PAGES.

Currently, when I print the document the page numbers on the landscape pages are appearing at the top right hand corner of the page in a vertical fashion.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO GET THE PAGE NUMBERS ON THE LANDSCAPTE PAGES TO APPEAR AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT WHEN PRINTING IN A PORTRAIT ORIENTATION.

Many thanks!

Kennedymr2

Which version of Word is it?
Are the page numbers in the correct position before printing?

djbourne , Thanks for your reply.......

I am using Word 2007

The page numbers are not in correct position before printing

Regards Kennedymr2

If I understand, you want to put page numbers at the top right of the landscape pages so that if the papers are turned sideways as if they were portrait then all of the page numbers appear to be in the same position and upright.

I played with the varying page number settings built into Word but I didn't get exactly what I wanted so ultimately just drew a plain textbox and Insert > Quick parts > Field > Page. You can go to the Format tab and in the Text group change the direction of the text.

--Lilliabeth

Lilliabeth ,

Many thanks.. you are right, using a text box did solve the problem.. a litttle complicated coming to grips with it, but it is now all 100%

Thanks again

Regards Kennedymr2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back