Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word opening without formatting char. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpugil

Technical User
Apr 14, 2002
US
On one of our user's machines, Word documents open without formatting characteristics. This only happens when a document is opened through "file open" or through the "Open" icon on the toolbar. If you go to the document and double click it, the document opens with all formatting intact. This is true whether a document is on the user's machine or on the file server. I did a repair on Office and even completely reinstalled Office. No other user's on the network have this problem.

I checked for normal.dot and there were two instances on the workstation (same for every other Win98SE workstation). I even replaced these files from a machine that was working properly with the same result.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

tpugil

Under the File, Open dialog box, check to make sure the Files of type is not set to RTF or "Recover Text from any file"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back