Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word Mail Merge

Status
Not open for further replies.

boricua3205

Technical User
May 10, 2001
US
ACT! 2000. When trying to perform a mail merge utilizing MSWord. Word will not merge the document when merging a lookup, it just pulls up a blank. It will merge if the merge includes just one contact. I have ran diagnostics and maintenance, checked the templates for the header information, tested on new databases and several templates. I also ran a repair on MSWord but it still will not work properly.

Any Ideas?!?!?!

Did you create the document using the ACT merge fields or Word merge fields?

Have you tried using the <next record> merge tag?

(Doing some free form thinking... please leave a few more details on the document you are merging and I might be able to help more)

I have tried this with the default templates and with new documents using the Word merge fields. I haven't added the <next record> merge tag. I didn't think I should have to since I am using ACT's own default templates. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled ACT!.

A couple things to check:

1. Do you have word set up as your default word processor in ACT?

2. Is the ACT.dot template loaded when you open Word?

When you create a Word document that you want to merge with ACT, you will need to use the ACT fields, not Word.

HTH

I'm sorry I misunderstood, I did use the ACT fields and the act.dot is loaded when I open Word and word is the default Word Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back