Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word Macro to change layout problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBradshaw

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2002
GB
Guys,

Need a bit of help.

Created a Macro (recorded not VB as im not the best coder in the world) that changes the layout to landscape, the margins, the font size and font, and then prints.

Saved the normal.dot.....everything looks hunky dory!

I load up or import the data into Word, run the macro, and it does everything (including printing) except changing the Font Size (not sure if it changes font, but thats not a big issue....need it to change the Font Point Size)

Any ideas at all, can I manually amend the VB code, and if so, where do i stick it?

Cheers

C.Bradshaw

I always record my macros too since I'm not the best coder.

Prior to changing the font size and font, I believe you should use "Edit", "Select All" (or Ctrl+A) and then change the font size and font.

Edit All (or Ctrl-A) would change ALL of the text. That may be what is required - but may not be. The requirement is not stated. Do you need to change everything?

Of course you can amend the code. You will need to get into the Editor though. Sorry, unless you just record the entire macro again, then you are going to have to edit the code.

Uh..."(not sure if it changes font, but thats not a big issue....need it to change the Font Point Size)". If your code was attempting to do both, perhaps it may be important to know if it did, in fact, change the font. If your code changed one thing but not the other, that is certainly not the same as trying to change both, but only being able to change one.

You do not mention getting any errors. Did you? If so, please post what it was.

Posting some code may help as well.

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back