Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word macro not loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexExpat

MIS
Jun 14, 2002
US
I have installed an application (Acrobat 5.05) that installs a macro (PDFMAKER.DOT) that is supposed to be part of the normal template for Word and Excel. It adds a menu and a toolbar for Acrobat to Microsoft Office applications. On four previous installations on other Citrix servers, it loads properly. On this Citrix server, however, it does not. It is active in Excel and is installed in Word, but it is not active in Word. I have to go into "Tools|Templates and Add-ins" and check PDFMAKER.DOT in order for it to be loaded. After that, the Acrobat menu appears and the Acrobat toolbar is visible. I have to do this each time I open Word.

How can I get this macro to load within Word with no user input? How do I make this change apply to all users? In other words, how can I check this macro in "Tools|Templates and Add-ins" and have that to be permanent for all users? The only thing I could find in the Adobe KB was to make sure that word was not the default mail editor. Word is not the default mail editor on this server.

I am using Word 97, SR-2 on MetaFrame 1.8, FR-1, SP2 running on Windows NT 4.0 TSE, SP6. Word is NOT the default mail editor.

Thank you very much for your assistance with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back