Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word: Insert a file as an object

Status
Not open for further replies.

mytaurus2000

Technical User
Oct 4, 2006
US
I have a Word document, lets call it MyOriginal and I want to add several Word documents to MyOriginal. When I try to insert the margins are all off. Is there a way to add Word documents to MyOriginal and keep their same look?

What method are you using? And what version of Word? If I insert "Text from File" (Word 2007 - in 2003, this was "Insert File"), everything looks good to me.

I'm using Word 2003. When I insert Document 2 into Document 1, not all of my page is showing.

Hi,
Be aware of your cursor position when you Insert/File. The file will insert where your cursor is blinking.

Best,
Blue Horizon [2thumbsup]

The Insert File option keeps the formatting of the document to which you are attaching the files. To correct this, before inserting the files, you'd have to change the format of the page on which you're working to match that of the file you want to insert, and only then insert the file. Unfortunately this has to be repeated for each inserted file (assuming each of them has a different formatting).

If anyone knows a faster way, I'd be happy to learn it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back