Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word form - send to recipient removing checkboxes and dropdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjdk

Programmer
May 2, 2003
US
I have created a simple form in word 2003. It contains a handful of text boxes, a few check boxes and a dropdown list. I have protected the form. I now what to 'Send to mail recipient', which works....somewhat. The form is sent (not as an attachment) but the check boxes and drpodown lists are removed. It doesn't seem to matter if the check boxes are checked or not, they just don't appear. I don't want this form to be sent as an attachment...I need it to be in the body of the email. This seems so simple....what am I missing?

"The form is sent (not as an attachment) ..."

Seems that the Attachement will retain the controls, while otherwise will not.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Are you using Word as the e-mail editor in Outlook? Seems to me that if you are, it may not be translating the boxes to HTML which is the format it uses when Word is e-mail editor. If you aren't, try it and it may work as RTF or TXT doesn't support those controls... (maybe HTML as well, but I'd have to test it...

cckens

"Not always my best shot, but I hit the target now and then"
-me

Thanks for the responses!
Yes, it works fine as an attachment...I just didn't want to do it that way. (getting fussy in my old age!!)

Yes, I am using word as the email editor. I get what you are saying about translating to HTML. I think I will just use text boxes and deal with it. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something painfully simple.

Thank you both for your quick responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back