Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word form nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvsql

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
CA
I am simply trying to create a form that users can enter information on. 3 text fields and one drop down. I have them all setup. I have the values setup in the drop down. When I don't have the "protect form" marked, I can enter info in the text fields, but the drop down is not enabled (ie can't see the drop down arrow). When I mark the "protect form" then the drop down works great, but I can no longer enter any information into the text fields. Using Word xp.

Hi Luvsql,

Are you sure the text field's 'Type' has been set to 'regular text', 'number' or 'date' (ie not 'Current date', 'Current time' or 'Calculation')and that the 'Fill-in enabled' option is checked?

Cheers

[MS MVP - Word]

Yes, positive. It's the default as well.

If indeed Fill-in is enabled, and the Section is indeed protected, then I can not duplicate this whatsoever. Could you please clarify:

"When I mark the "protect form" then the drop down works great, but I can no longer enter any information into the text fields."

Does this mean you can not put the selection into the textboxes at all?

faq219-2884

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back