Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word Form Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisgro

Technical User
Mar 5, 2008
US
A template I created last year has gone nutty on me. The first 3 pages have text form fields and a couple of drop down boxes. They work fine. The next text form fields and a drop down list are on page 6. About a month ago the fields and drop down on page 6 quit working. I have them shaded and they are visible but I can't tab through any longer or enter text into the text fields. The first entry of the drop down list is displayed but the drop down won't work. The drop down arrow on the list isn't displayed. I deleted the list and entered a new list but it won't work either. Any ideas greatly appreciated. I use office XP, word 2002.

Is the relevant document section still protected, or has somehow the selection been changed and only the top section been protected for forms?

Protection is correct. When the doc is protected I cannot tab from field to field or to the drop down list. When I press the tab key a tab space is created and pushes the box to the right. If I place the cursor in the field or drop down list the box becomes highlighted but I can't enter text. When I press the first key to enter text the box or drop down list is deleted.

When I press the tab key a tab space is created and pushes the box to the right.
Something is not correct. If the document is protected for forms, you should not be be ABLE to get the cursor to before the box.

"A little piece of heaven
without that awkward dying part."

advertisment for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (a chocolate/peanut butter confection)

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back