Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word Form Data to Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

compactmad

Technical User
Aug 19, 2002
AU
Can I take data from a form in Word and send it to a access database?

Hi compactmad,

The short answer is Yes, but a few more details of what you're trying to do would help.

Enjoy,
Tony

I have a word form and the information entered into this form I would like to be able to export it into a existing database. Either by appending it or sending it directly?

My other option is to just use a form in my database, but I'm having trouble with the multiuser environment where if more than one person accesses the same form at the same time it locks it up?

I'm leaning towards the Access form....

Hi compactmad,

I can post some code to update an Access table from Word if you like but if that's all you're using Word for, it's way too much complication; it might reduce multi-user problems, but it certainly won't avoid them and you'll still have to code to deal with them (probably more complex code but I'm not well up on multi-user Access systems).

I'd go for the Access Form, and if you have multi-user (or any other) problems post again in one of the Access fora (Forms, perhaps) where I'm sure you'll find some answers.

Enjoy,
Tony

Thank you Tony, I think I will go with the Access Form.
Tah.
Tanya

Tony,

I would be interested in your code to update an Access table from word. I have data in Word that I want to put into an access database.

Your code would be ideal!

Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back