Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word, Excel Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

asadsalmanmcp

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2006
US
when ever i open the Excel or Word and then try to save it or open it's Freeze. When i login as Domain Admin it's working fine but when i login as a user or Local Admin it's freezes. Thanks In Advance.

This is probably caused by automatic update 908531. Microsoft have published a temporary workaround for symptoms caused by clashes with older versions of HP's Share-to-Web software:

Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update MS06-015

They have promised a fix tomorrow (April 25) which should address issues with some other older software as well.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

If the rumours are correct, this will be patched later today in Microsoft's routine monthly updates.

Regards: tf1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back