Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word does not start running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

notechis8888

Technical User
Feb 29, 2008
ES

Hello,

I have a problem when I try to Start Word. It does not happen with any of the rest of Office suite applications.

When I start Word a prompt appears reading “Microsoft Word has detected a problem and must shut down. Inform Microsoft about this problem. The prompt has two buttons:
“Send errors report” and “Do not send”

Then, when I press “Do not send” a prompt appears reading “Word is recovering documents” with a horizontal narrow box and a blue progress bar.

Then a new prompt appears reading “Word did not start correctly last time. Start Word in error proof mode helps to solve or isolate the problem to start the application correctly. The functionality of the application can be partially disabled in this mode”.

I can only work with error proof mode. I have uninstalled the program with Total Uninstall 4.6.2 removing all files and folders and Windows Registry entries and installed it again but the problem persists. It is still there.

Will somebody be so kind as to tell me how can I solve this problem without having to send a report to Microsoft and wait for a couple days for a solution? I work home even at weekends and I need Word just now!!!.

Looking Forward To Receive Your Replies At Your Earliest Convenience.

Best Regards.

Notechis8888

I am sorry about usin reply option to add some new info about my problem but it seems not to be any edit button so I can edit my previous post.

Now all the described prompts that appear whenever I try to start Word appear when I open Outlook Express Tough OE starts correctly. This does not happen with Excel for instance.

Best Regards.

notechis8888

Hi

try startin word in the old fashioned way. Start run and type in Winword.exe /a

this starts word with no addins. If it works then the problem is caused by an addin

A list of troubleshootong switches is here

HTH

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back