Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word Documents creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

unicorn11

Programmer
Jun 10, 2000
IN
Hi Everybody !

I have to create a word document that contains data that is stored in a database when a user clicks HTML link.

I created a VB DLL to accomplish this. In this DLL I have used the word object msword8.olb. It is also requires that the data come is a specific format (according to a template). This dll opens the word application then opens the template fills the data from the database and saves it with a different name each time

The template contains Images, Tables and Objects like Lines and Textboxes that need to be created

There are two problems
1. First the component utilizes 100% of the CPU process
2. MS word should be installed on the server

Is there any method that can be used that without word being installed on the server we can create a document that meets all the requirements like Tables and images etc.

Regards Unicorn11
unicorn11@mailcity.com
[red]We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. --- Plato [red]

Hi UniCorn,

Yes, use ASP FileSystemObject wherein you can create and specify the filename of a particular file with all those data from your database and the created file resides in your server. If u think this will help, I could send you a sample code.

Hope to help-

Thanks

could you do that
send it to abhishek@tripmedia.com

regards Unicorn11
unicorn11@mailcity.com
[red]We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. --- Plato [red]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back