Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word Document Properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWhyte

Programmer
Feb 8, 1999
GB
Does anyone know a way of inspecting a Word Documents CustomDocumentProperties programmatically, without opening the document.

I would like to create a script file that searches through a folder of Word Documents and pulls document property details, rather that opening each one in turn and getting the details, then closing the document, and so, and so on.

I would be grateful if any kind soul(s) could point me towards the light!

John Whyte
jwhyte@skipton.co.uk

Here's two ways, neither of which don't use any programming at all.

Select File>Open. In the Open dialog box, click the Views button, and select Properties. The properties for each document will be displayed when you click on that document.

The second way is to open your Windows or Windows NT Explorer. Go to the directory where the documents are. Select View>As a Web Page. If you have an image, the image is displayed. If it's a document, the properties are displayed.

Linda Adams
Garridon@aol.com
Linda Adams online David Hedison Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back