Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word document is blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerflumper

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2010
US
Running Word 2007. On one PC, opening a few Word documents reveals a blank page. If I open these same documents on any other PC, they look like they should. On the problem PC, if I print the document, it prints ok. Print preview looks ok. Reading view looks ok. The default print layout, however, is blank. Other documents are ok.

Is there something I can do to make it so the page is viewable?

Hi Kerflumper,

I suspect the text is formatted as hidden and, on the PC on which it displays and prints, Word is configured to display & print hidden text. The simplest solution is to select all the text, then remove the hidden formatting.

Cheers
[MS MVP - Word]

That was my first troubleshooting step. On the problem PC, there is no text to select.

Turn on all of your non-printing characters. Does anything appear?

--
JP

Hi Kerflumper,
On the problem PC, there is no text to select.
Actually there is - the problem is just that you can't see it. Try pressing Ctrl-A (to select the whole document), then change the font settings by clicking on the arrow on the 'Font' tab of the Home Ribbon, then click on the 'hidden' attribute one or twice, as needed, to make sure the box is neither 'checked' nor coloured.

Cheers
[MS MVP - Word]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back