Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word .doc with NT 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktlap

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2000
US
I have a .doc that is 135kb in size. Whenever I try to print the document the printer freezes. When I look at the document properties it shows the size of the document 4mb. Why is the size changing?

When you print something from Word, the program is sending the document to your print driver, which converts it into a 'program' writtn in the particular print language your printer uses. If your printer needs completely rasterized graphics or is a Postscript device, the actual print job can be much larger than the original document.

Jeff
masterracker@hotmail.com

If everything seems to be going well: you don't have enough information.......

Hello ktlap,

Was the document created / imported / copied / converted from another source. I once experienced something quite similar to the situation you describe. The solution was to turn on the reveal all (or whatever it is that lets you see all characters / codes) in word and then delete the garbage or blank space at the end of the document. I ran into that problem when word once attempted to convert a lotus document. When I turned on the reveal codes, I saw 5 pages of garbage at the end of the document. Once it was deleted and saved over the original word document, all was well.

Good luck,

CF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back