Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word cannot find all access information for merging

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinyowl

Technical User
Aug 18, 2010
GB
Hello. I created two access applications in Access 2000. These databases where constructed for different purposes, (I should emphasise that these separate applications are in no way linked to each other) They both use a procedure for choosing costumer information from a customer information table which was then accessed by MS Word for a mail-merge procedure. I have set up mail-merging several times between MS Word and Access. These systems have worked reliably for several years.

I am now running the same two sytems in MS Access 2010 and there is no incomaptibility. However in one application it is possible to set up the mail merge in the usual way i.e. selecting a query from a list to obtain the information for the merge. In the other application Access 2010 software only displays a very limited set of tables and queries to choose from, one of the absent one being that which I need for merging.

I have been unable to fix this problem. Any advice would be most welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back