Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word Automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vadim86

Programmer
Aug 15, 2007
CA
Hello,
I need to merge table header cells horizontally and some vertically. The problem is that after merging first 2 cells indexing of other cells changes. So, after merging cell(1,1) and cell(1,2) the original cell(1,3) changes to cell(1,2). I have some headers with 3-4 rows and about 10 columns with different merging configurations.
I create 2 arrays:
1- mergeFrom[(1,1),(1,4) ...........]
2 -mergeTo[(1,2),(2,4).............]

.Cell(mergeFrom(i).Row, mergeFrom(i).col).Merge .Cell(mergeTo(i).Row, mergeTo(i).col)

What is the way to keep track of changing cell coordinates after merging cells??

Also, merging cell by cell if very slow. Is the better/faster way to merge cells?

Thank you

VB6 is not VBA, You probably want to take your question to forum707

Go backwards. Start with the last cell and iterate through to the first. This way your indexes stay.

"Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family." (Kofi Annan)
Oppose SOPA, PIPA, ACTA; measures to curb freedom of information under whatever name whatsoever.

Hello MakeItSo,
The major problem is that I merge rows and columns. So, even if I start from the most bottom right cell indexes do not stay the same.

But nothing about this question has anything to do with VB6 and everything to do with Word's Object Model.

Take it to a Word VBA forum. That's where these issues are dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back