Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word Automation - Eliminate Screen Flashing on Open...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrangler36

Technical User
Dec 5, 2005
US
I am using automation to open three Word files from within Access. I would like the Word application to be invisible until the three files have been opened. They are each being opened in their own windows.

I am trying to eliminate the screen flashing that the user sees when the three Word files are opened consecutively. I thought the command "WA.Visible = False" would accomplish this, but I still see the three files being opened, along with the screen flashing.

Here is a smaple of the code I'm using:

Set WA = CreateObject("Word.Application")
WA.Visible = False

With WA
.Documents.Open strPath & "File1.doc"
some other code
End With

With WA
.Documents.Open strPath & "File2.doc"
some other code
End With

With WA
.Documents.Open strPath & "File3.doc"
some other code
End With

WA.Visible = False
Set WA =nothing

How can I make the Word application (for each of the three windows) invisible until all three files have been opened?

Thanks.

JerryKlmns,

I put the WA.Screenupdating=False command just before the .Documents.Open strPath & "File#.doc" line, but it had no effect - I still see the screens flash as the 3 files are opened.

Are there any other ideas???

When opening the documents did you try setting the [tt]Visible[/tt] property to [tt]False[/tt]?
Code:
Documents.Open strPath & "File1.doc", , , , , , , , , , , False

Then after all three files are open set the [tt]Visible[/tt] property to [tt]True[/tt].

CMP

(GMT-07:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back