Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word automation documentation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilfranz

Technical User
Oct 4, 2003
US
Hello friends,

Thanks to a great FAQ post by itflash, I have discovered the joys of Word/HTML automation. Now I would like to find some documentation for the PEMs of Word automation. Any leads?

TIA

Bill

a) Intellisense
b) Help on VB for Office/Word
c) Books, eg
d) VFP->Tools->Object Browser->Choose "Microsoft Word 11.0 Object Library" or "Microsoft Word 11.0 Object Library" (11.0 depending on office version)
You'll have a complete list of constants, methods, properties... If you Drag&Drop the constants on an empty PRG editor window it will contain all Word constants as #DEFINEs. Save as word.h/office.h

Bye, Olaf.

Bill.

I'd go along with Olaf's suggestion:

VFP->Tools->Object Browser->Choose "Microsoft Word 11.0 Object Library" or "Microsoft Word 11.0 Object Library" (11.0 depending on office version)

Use that in conjunction with the VBA Help file. When you find the item of interest in the class browser, click on the yellow Help button to get more information.

If the Help file isn't installed, run Office Setup to install it (I think it's called VBA Help there).

Mike

My sites:
Visual FoxPro (www.ml-consult.demon.co.uk)
Crystal Reports (www.ml-crystal.com)

Thanks guys,

After seeing your suggestions I checked a number of them out, and they have just what I need. I appreciate the help. Thanks very much.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back