Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word & Excel 2000 - Print Preview & Print Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmcclung

Programmer
Nov 20, 2001
US
I am having problems with a Word document & an Excel Spreadsheet and printing them. Both of them were created on a work machine, then tried to print them at home from adifferent machine to a HP Photosmart 1000. They are printing as if everything is bolded, almost like it's double-striked, but none of the fonts are set to bold. I emailed this document to someone else who has the same printer and they had no issues. I also printed it from the work machine to an Epson printer and had no issues then either. Just mine at home?!

Also, the Print Preview for these, and all documents on the home machine, looks like garbage - nothing like what it prints. I've checked to ensure the Photosmart is the default printer and that the paper size, etc is set properly. However, when I print the document, it doesn't look like this (just the scenario described above).

Any ideas???

I would suggest re-installing the print driver or get an updated version for your OS if available. -:Radix lecti:-

I didn't re-install the print drivers but I tried something else that partially worked....

I shut down the HP printer, unplug it from the USB hub and plugged it directly into the PC. This resolved the issue of the printing appearing as double-striked on the Word and Excel documents. Have no clue why this would matter...

Also, the print preview is still garbage in Excel. It looks like the characters in each cell are printing one top of the other. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back