Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

word 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

coops

Technical User
Apr 19, 2000
GB
we are using win2k with metafram 1.8 sp2, office 97 installed fine but a few users have noticed that the tools menu is missing from the menu bar in word 97. I know this isn't a permissions problem as i also have this problem and i have admin rights. any ideas why some people can see the tools menu and some can't. cheers.

[sig][/sig]

Coops,

Sounds as thpugh you need to import the word.adm profile in to policy editor, and then grant rights to your users group.

Paul [sig][/sig]

Coops,

Sounds as though you need to import the word.adm profile in to policy editor, and then grant rights to your users group.

Paul [sig][/sig]

Check what paul says first, but you could have a macro virus. Is the normal.dot file on the server? On a PC that is experiencing this problem, close Word and find the normal.dot file(s) on the C:\ and rename it (them) to normal.old.

If this fixes the problem, it's a macro virus. Just have everybody do it at once. Do it for people who are out of the office too, or it will just start all over again. [sig]<p> <br><a href=mailto:techsupportgirl@home.com>techsupportgirl@home.com</a><br><a href= </a><br> [/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back