Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 97 is really slow at opening documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

FZRLA

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2002
DK
Hi...

I have recently acquired a new server and moved all documents, data, users etc. over from the old domain.
The new Server is a Windows 2000 Small Business Server running Citrix Metaframe 1.8 and other services.

My problem is that the documents created and saved on the old server still refers to the server. It takes up to 60 secs for a word document to open, even inside word.

First I thought that it was the Metaframe which needed a tweak up.
But then I copied a document containing only text to a local drive and it still took about 60 secs to load.
Just out of curiosity I opened a path to the old server and opened the document from the new server it took less than 10 secs.

I have tried to open some documents and saved then as new documents on the new server but it's still slow to open.

I also opened them and saved them as .RTF insted of .DOC and therefore killing the templates and opend it in less than 10 secs. I then saved it as a new .DOC and it worked fine...

Idéas and solutions are more then welcome... There are a lot of documents that has to be resaved.

Thnx in advance

//FZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back