Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WORD 97 - How to open in full-screen 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazmac

Programmer
Nov 5, 2001
GB
I am using Word97 on a network and have recieved a request from above to enable a particular document to be opened automatically in full-screen. It is easy enough to open it and select view... full screen.. but this document needs to be friendlier and open in full screen. Any clues ? Dazmac

"any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic " - Arthur.C.Clarke

Put ..

Code:
If ActiveDocument.FullName = "D:\My Documents\Special File.doc" Then _
    ActiveWindow.WindowState = wdWindowStateMaximize

.. in your AutoOpen Macro. Then when that document is opened it will go full screen, whether from inside Word or from Explorer (or whatever).

Enjoy,
Tony

Thanks for that, it works a treat!

Any ideas if there is a way to get rid of the Enable macros checkbox ? Can I "approve" the macro so that this question is not posed ?

Dazmac

"any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic " - Arthur.C.Clarke

Hi Dazmac,

I'm afraid that's an area I know virtually nothing about, but if you search through the forums (should that be fora?) here you should find something. I have seen the topic come up in several threads - look for certification, or trusted sources or something like that. Sorry not to be more helpful.

If you get completely stuck and nobody else chips in here, I would suggest posting a separate question because there certainly are people here who know these things.

Enjoy,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back