Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 95 to PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikasc

Programmer
Mar 26, 2001
US
I am new to the forum so please bear with me. I am looking for a way to convert Word 95 Documents (.doc files) to PDF. What is the best way to do this?

You will need to have the Adobe Acrobat Distiller program installed on your computer. You can purchase it at any software store for around $299 or through Once that is installed, the process is simple.

The distiller works as a printer and when you send the document to print to the distiller you will have options you will need to set.

Hope this helps.

You may not need the full-blown Acrobat. Check out list of creation/conversion tools, in particular DocuCom PDF Driver 4.5. If all you need is to create a PDF from your existing Word files or similar applications, a printer driver is the best route. Instead of printing to a physical printer, you output to a PDF file. Whenever you "print", you would be prompted for a filename.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back