Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2010 Template formatting for user 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalBox

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2005
US
I created a template in Word 2010. I have checked boxes, text form fields as well as text fields in my template form. A user asked me if I could allow him to format the text, eg. italicize, bold or underline. I tried to do this under "Restrict formatting and editing" but I couldn't figure it out. I unchecked the boxes "format restrictions" and "editing restrictions" which allowed me to do the requested formatting but it also disabled the template functions I put in place eg. checked box, text form field etc. I looked around the web but couldn't find a solution. Can you please help.

Documents with forms protection applied, as is necessary for formfields, do not allow access to formatting tools or shortcuts. To provide such access requires a macro - perhaps even one that intercepts the corresponding shortcut keys - to temporarily disable the forms protection, then re-enable it. None of these impediments exist in a Word 2010 document that uses content controls instead of formfields, with or without the 'read-only' editing restrictions activated.

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

Thank you so much, now I can pass that on to my co-workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back