Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2010 - File New default to My Templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

nashcom

MIS
Apr 12, 2002
GB
When I select 'File, New' in Word I'd like it to jump straight to 'My Templates' instead of the Available Templates screen. Is this possible, and if so, how can I configure it to do it?

Thanks.

Hi,
Why not create a macro to shorten the number of steps? Put a button for the macro on your Quick Access Toolbar and a single click will perform the action.

Best,
Blue Horizon [2thumbsup]

Customize the Ribbon by adding the Tool:

"New Document or Template"

This provides direct access to the New dialog box.

Thanks for that. I added the 'New Document or Template' command to the Quick Access toolbar. It works, but it takes a few seconds to open the template dialogue box - longer than it does when I click on 'My Templates'.

Add FileNewDialog to the QAT instead. I've reassigned Ctrl+N to the shortcut to make faster access. By default, the New Blank is selected by default when you launch the FlieNewDialog, so it only takes the press of the Enter key to launch a new blank document. One extra keystroke isn't that much of an inconvenience to open a new blank from the keyboard.

Note that if you don't want all the Microsoft junk templates and tabs in the FileNewDialog, you can remove some of all by hacking the registry. See

Regards: Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back