Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2010, code in Templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

petermeachem

Programmer
Aug 26, 2000
GB
Just setting up a new pc with our first copy of Office 2010.
The one thing I can't get to work is code within a word .dot file. This I have copied to the templates folder, it appears on the Add-Ins Inactive Applications Add-ins list. I've set macro security to allow anything and trusted vba.
What I have then done ok on previous versions is to Customise the keyboard shortcuts to run the code. I select Macros and select the one I want. Problem is on Word 2010, no macros are listed.
I've spent some time looking for an answer but can't find anything.
Any solutions?

It's on the Developer toolbar.

In Word, go to:
[ol][li]File[/li]
[li]Options[/li]
[li]Customize Ribbon[/li]
[li]On the right, find Developer and put a check in the box.[/li][/ol]

Thanks.
I found my basic problem was that I'd put it in the wrong folder so it didn't stay checked.
Office 2010 seems ok to my surprise, not so annoying as 2007

Yeah, 2010 actually performs much faster than '07 as well, and even '03. That's pretty rare - a new version of software coming out, performing better than prior versions - on the same hardware. I thought it felt faster when using it myself, but found some online tests/reviews verifying it.

It's sorta like Microsoft took the good new features of '07, added a few more, and cleaned it up a bit.

>It's sorta like Microsoft took the good new features of '07, added a few more, and cleaned it up a bit

And put back in some of the good features of Office 2003 that they had foolishly removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back