Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2010 - can't save default font to normal.dotm. Can't even find it! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWD

Technical User
Jul 12, 2002
GB
Good morning. This is probably a daft question but I can't get Word to save the font I want to set as default on my company laptop.

I've tried unsuccessfully to locate the normal.dotm. The properties of the shortcut (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office) show a Target of (greyed out) "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010".

I suspect that the laptop has been locked down somehow but I just find it annoying that I can't change the default font.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
D€$

C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

You should see Normal.dotm there.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

In Windows Explorer:
C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\TemplatesNo need to type the user's name.

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

I forget about the variables all too often. Thanks, macropod for pointing that out.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

[hammer] Thanks for the replies, but would you believe it? They've taken away my laptop and I'm on a regular desktop PC. Phew!! :)

Many thanks,
D€$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back