Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2007 Bullets/ Numbering problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonsfan

Programmer
Apr 11, 2010
US
I have been having a problem with Microsoft Word 2007. Just recently, I could use the Bullets/ Numbering buttons to create bullets/ numbers. It would create the bullet/ number, and when I pressed the “tab” key, the bullet/ number would advance to the next level of bullet/ number.

Now however, Word no longer does that. If I press the tab key when the cursor is on a bullet (I have not typed in anything in the bullet/ number yet) Word advances the cursor forward as if it was not under any bullet/ number.

I want to get it back to when I was using a bullet/ number and press tab, Word will go to the next level of bullet/ number. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

The setting that controls this is:

Office button > Word Options > Proofing tab > AutoCorrect Options > AutoFormat As You Type tab > Automatically as you type section > Set left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces checkbox

Enjoy,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

I'm working (slowly) on my own website

Thanks TonyJollans!

Also, you gave good clear directions for me.

Thank you once again,

dragonsfan

dragonsfan,

Welcome to Tek-Tips.

I notice that you felt that Tony gave you, "good clear directions," and you, appropriately, thanked him.

But we also have a more visible means of doing so, here at Tek-Tips. May I draw your attention to the [blue]LINK[/blue] in the LOWER LEFT-HAND CORNER of Tony's post that indicates...
[blue]
Thank TonyJollans
for this valuable post!
[/blue].

The [purple]little purple Stars[/purple] accomplish several important things.

First, it gives positive feedback to contributors, that their posts have been helpful.

Second, it identifies threads as containing helpful posts, so that other members can benefit.

And third, it identifies the original poster (that's YOU, BTW), as a grateful member, that not only receives, but is willing to give tokens of thanks.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back