Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2003 graphics formats

Status
Not open for further replies.

basicbill2222

Technical User
Sep 18, 2002
CA
Hi,
Graphics print out beautifully when opening my documents in Word 2003. However, when I try to copy and paste into a different application the graphics get very poor. I use mostly black and white drawings and electrical circuit type drawings but I would like to maintain the sharp resolution when I use the graphics in other applications.
Any thoughts?

tia,
Bill W.

NOt sure if this isn't a case of screen resolution. Might be worth trying paste image into a image manipulation app and see what res you get (my guess 72dpi) you could try increasing the dpi and see if that helps. If so save file and insert image into new location.

Hi Baz,
Thanks for the quick reply. I actually have imported into GIMP and tried to save in all the formats...bmp, png, tif, jpg, gif etc.....but all default back to the (poor) resolution.
I am actually trying to copy a drawing from Word 2003 and paste it into a Wordperfect 11 document. The WP graphics filter does no better dealing with the drawing than the the GIMP.
I was wondering what format Word uses for it's document graphics and if there is probably some proprietary graphics coding that prevents exporting to other than MS Word or PowerPoint type applications.

Thanks again,
Bill W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back