Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2003 Defaults

Status
Not open for further replies.

MI2000

MIS
Dec 5, 2002
US
hey all,

i have a user who has somehow changed the settings in word 2003. every time i try to open word it comes up in landscape view. it will not let me change it back to portrait in the page setup. it gives some error about changing the right hand margin and won't let you continue. it will not let me cahnge to the defaults either. after messing with the settings for a little while i just decided to uninstall and reinstall the whole office package. after doing this i got the same results (word still opens in ladscape view). how can i fix this?

Is the Pages (Multiple pages) drop down (on the Page Setup dialog) set as Normal?

Although if you did a full reinstall, normal.dot would have gone back to default. Hmmmm.

Gerry

Full reinstall does NOT replace normal.dot....and I don't think that changed in 2003.

Close Word, find the file called normal.dot on your machine and rename it to abnormal.dot and relaunch Word.

Anne Troy

Anne is, of course correct. I thought a reinstall did an overwrite of normal.dot, but I stand corrected.

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back