Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2002: Documents print with spaces between characters!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amg55

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2002
IE
Running Citrix Metaframe XP. 6 server farm, published Desktop, Dedicated Print Server,Citrix Client- Version 6.03
Office 2002, Citrix Servers running Service Pack 2.

Problem: Users create/write Word documents. They then format said document i.e. bold headings, justify, proportional font(Times), page size set to A4, then they print preview, document looks fine, so they print, but on closer examination, the printed document has spaces between lettering in words, sometimes by undoing any & or all formating can cure it or re doing document from start, but the kicker is, it's very difficult to re create problem with any consistency.Next stop, new profiles?? Any ideas???

Very difficult indeed. First try the latest client. V6.03 is 'very' old. 6.30 is the new one I think. Also check if you have speedscreen enabled. Try to disable it, if it's enabled. Next try to update the printerdriver. I've seen very strange things that happened due to thge printer driver. One thing eg is that you cannot produce a preview without having a printer installed. So Word is using some parts of the printer driver...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back