Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2002 document "reviewers" list 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wahsah

Technical User
Sep 21, 2002
US
With the "Reviewing toolbar displayed in Word 2002, on the "Show" "Reviewers" pull-down, there is a person's name on the list of reviewers that I have never heard of. Also, the names are color-coded. I cannot find any documentation about how to edit this list, delete a reviewer, or explain the color code. The reviewer's list is the same whether it is a new or existing document.

Can anyone supply a place to find out more about this feature?

I have the same problem: I'd like to delete a reviewer from the list for confidential matters.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

@lex

I too am having the same problem and there is only one person on this board that has the answer, but i got yelled at for posting a request specifically asking for that persons help. have you since found the answer, as i am desperate to find a way to remove the reviewers list.

any help would be appreciated.

No, the only workaround is to select all and copy into a new document.

But I am sure there must be a solution, but I had no time to start looking for it.

I'd appreciate if you let me know if you find anything.

Thanks,

@lex

Hi everyone,

Hope the following helps...

1. The color code can be better understood if you go to Tools | Options | Track Changes. You assign the colors that you want to represent the changes. The Reviewer colors are assigned by Word so that each Reviewer is distinguished separately, and individual users have no control over this assignment.

2. You can decide to not SEE a Reviewer's comments by bringing up the Reviewing toolbar. Click on Show. Click on Reviewers and deselect the name of the Reviewer you want to deactivate.

3. The "Reviewer" name is taken from Tools | Options | User Information on each PC that reviews the document. You may not recognize a Reviewer's name if the PC User Information is not the same as the actual user of the PC or if someone else was emailed the document and they made changes on a PC with that name.

4. Copying and pasting to another document is an excellent suggestion. One trick to copying and pasting to another document is to NOT copy the final paragraph mark. FYI - Word carries its formatting in the paragraph marks. Turn on the Show/Hide tool on the toolbar. Copy everything up to but NOT including the final paragraph mark. When I did this, it eliminated the Reviewer marks and deleted any Reviewers from the document.

Good luck and HTH,

Best,
Blue Horizon [2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back