Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2000\WordPerfect 9 File Open\Save As Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

VulcanThrasher

Technical User
May 21, 2004
US
After reinstallation of the operating system (Windows 2000 Professional [SP4]) on a computer, end-user applications (Microsoft Office 2000 [SR-1], WordPerfect Office 2000, Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0.2, Novell GroupWise 6.5.2) were installed. DocsOpen 3.9.0 (Build 160) was installed from CD. Build 230 was installed afterwards.

The following works fine:
Double-click on the DocsOpen Icon and the DocsOpen Applications window opens and shows the icons for:
Microsoft Word 2000
Microsoft Excel 2000
Adobe Acrobat Reader
QuatroPro 9
Word Perfect 9
Groupwise 6.5
In the DocsOpen Applications window when you click on the Recent Edits button - the "Quick Retrieve <Recently Edited Documents>" window opens. Selecting a document and accessing it works.

When you click on the New Search button - the "Search Form" window opens. Searching for and accessing a document works.

This is where the problem occurs:

Double-click on the MS Word, MS Excel or WordPerfect icon from within the DocsOpen Applications window and the application opens. However, in any of the applications when selecting File>Open, the applications Open window opens to the default location on the local directory (C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents). It does not open the Quick Retrieve<Recently Edited Documents> window.

Nor, when selecting File>Save As, the DocsOpen Document Profile-New Document window does not open. It goes to the default Save As location on the local directory (C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents).

What needs to be done to resolve this issue so each application prompts access within DocsOpen?

If you open a document from within DOCS & select File > Save As do you get a DOCS window or does it give you a native save window then as well? If you get a native save, then it's likely that you don't have the integration macros installed on the PC.

If you have active integration, you need wordin2000.dot in your Office/Startup folder, docsxl2000.xla in Office/XLSTART and acrodx32.api in Acrobat/Plugins. I'm not sure about the other apps because we don't use them here. If the macros are not there DOCS can still open documents, as it uses the application location that is set in the Launch Method, but the application itself does not have anything to tell it that it needs to integrate with DOCS.

I hope this helps

Check the ODMA32 entry on the registry on the workstations. If GroupWise is first, you have to remove the entry or put the DOCSOpen entry before the GroupWise entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back