Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2000 toolbars

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim7

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2002
GB
One of my pupils has managed to lose the toolbar in Word 2000. No one seems to know how to retrieve it so am asking here for advice please. The machine uses win98
Many thanks
Tim7

Try going to the menu: Tools>Customize>Toolbars and check Standard

Try a RIGHT click on the grey band where the tool bar should be. You will get a drop down list of tool bars. Check the one you want, STANDARD, and the list will close. TWO CLICKS AND JOB DONE. In addition you can create your own tool bars here which contain all of your favourite functions. Click on Customise at the bottom of the list and drag and drop the functions you want virtually anywhere on your tool bar. Best Regards

Thanks for the advice. I had already tried right clicking in area where toolbars should be and hoped that it would be the answer but unfortunately no response at all hence asking for help.
I think it is probably a case of careless clicking by one of the pupils rather than an attempt to glue up the works. Can you think of any other remedy?
Many thanks
Tim7

Several.

1. Tools-Customize. Toolbars tab. Make sure Menu bar, Standard, and Formatting are all checked. Then, highlight (don't touch that checkmark!) each of those items, one at a time, and hit the RESET button. Click on the Options tab in the Customize dialog box. I like the top two checkmark boxes EMPTY (not checked).

2. If the above doesn't work, go to the troubleshooting part of and start with step 3. If that doesn't work, do step 5. I wrote that whole web, so if you have any probs understanding, just ask.

Anne Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back