Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2000 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

r814

MIS
May 24, 2000
US
This maybe a procedural problem on my part, but it sure is driving me nuts! I have a word 2000 document that has all the text input. I am now setting up Headings, page breaks, and Hyperlinks within the document.
My question is this: When I insert a page break and make the first line on the next page a Heading 1 format, it includes the page break in the heading. If you look at the formatting symbols, the heading indicator is at the front of the page break line, not with the actual title. This causes problems when assigning in-document hyperlinks as the hyperlink points to the page break. Any one have any suggestions?
Thanks for you help.

Right-click, select [paragraph] and check [Page Break Before]. This puts the paragraph onto the next page without a visible page-break. You can also make this a general feature of Heading 1 if you like.

I use Word 2002 and don't include hypertext in the text, but it ought to work for your case.

Madawc Williams (East Anglia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back