Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2000 Page borders not printing at Bottom 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drol

Instructor
Mar 13, 2002
GB
Trying to put a border on a word document, it shows in normal view, but in Print preview the bottom line does not show, nor does it print. I have tried adjusting the bottom margin but it doesn't help.

To the best of my knowledge this is a problem (not strictly a problem but..) with printer settings. Have you actually tried printing the document? If so do you get the message (something like) "...section 1 borders fall outside printable area..."?

If this is the case you may be able to change the printable area of the printer but I wouldn't know ehere to begin with that. I don't think the settings are readily available in windows.

The other thing to do is change your document.
Go FORMAT>BORDERS select the Page Border tab and click Options. There is a drop down to selet where measurements are taken from - Edge of Page or Text. Try adjusting the settings. If you are already on the max for measuring from page edge then change to text.

It's a while since I've done this but all I ever did was trial and error until you get used to what the printer will let you get away with.

Just refreshed my memory on Word2000 but the process is near enough the same in 97. Dunno about XP or earlier than 97.

;-) If a man says something and there are no women there to hear him, is he still wrong? [ponder]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back