Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2000 Menubar/Toolbar disappear !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 1999
US
Word 2000 on XP SP1, with Novell client 4.83SP1, both Novell and Windows servers, also running WinProxy 4.0 (5.x upgrade ordered). For the primary user, the Menubar and other toolbars will disappear in Word, leaving only two toolbar icons for Acrobat 5. Right clicking in the toolbar area shows only the Acrobat toolbar, nothing else.
Other user profiles on the PC are unaffectd.
On earlier occurrence, I had to delete the user, create a new profile, got Word working properly again. Within a couple of days, the toolbars vanished again. Ideas, please! Fred Wagner
frwagne@longbeach.gov

Instead of right clicking, Click VIEW|TOOLBARS... to see the status of your toolbars. If there are no toolbars displayed I would search Microsoft Knowledgebase for that one

Good Luck
DAvid

There were no toolbars displayed, and I did go to the MS knowledgebase - found a 9 page document with hints that did help. Your advice was good, we came up with the same thing. Thanks! Fred Wagner
frwagne@longbeach.gov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back