Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2000 macros in Word 2002 & less functionality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madcow67

Technical User
Aug 23, 2001
US
This is a two-part question.

I've just upgraded one computer to Windows XP/Office XP from Windows 2000/Office 2000. I've been recording and editing macros since way back when Word Basic was around, although I've never needed to write my own code from scratch - until now.

I have a multitude of macros that were created (recorded) & then edited further in Word 2000 that, while they still run in Word 2002, I can no longer edit them when I need to. I get a Project Locked dialog box that says "Project is unviewable". I have another computer that still has the Windows 2000/Office 2000 config, but I cannot open them there either. Is there a solution or workaround to this?

OK, next question:

I OCR & clean up/edit long documents that have been scanned. One of the most useful functions of Word's macro capability (for my purposes, anyway) has been the ability to record finding & replacing formatted text. Now, when trying to record new macros, I'm finding that Word no longer records the formatting in either Find or Replace. The command runs correctly while I'm recording the action, but when I attempt to run the macro I've recorded, I've found that it didn't retain the formatting variables, so it deletes the text it finds instead of formatting it, or doesn't find the formatted text.

This in itself wouldn't be such a problem if I could edit the macros I've already got; I'd just copy & edit the code appropriately! Is this a drawback of the new version of Visual Basic, or is it just me?

HELP!

Red, White & Blue: Colors That Never Run!

Kristina McCook
Senior Logistician
CACI - Automated Sciences Group, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back