Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2000 File to PDF Prints As 9-up Output (really small)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpear

MIS
Mar 19, 2001
US
On Windows 2000, in Word 2000, I can print to either PDFWriter or Distiller to create a PDF file. The Word file displays fine on the screen and prints fine to paper. But, the resulting PDF output when displayed in Acrobat or printed to paper (using Lexmark T522dn printer) comes out as if the output was formatted to print 9-up on a page. It's way too tiny and obviously not what I wanted. [thumbsdown]

Is there something obviously wrong that I'm doing to make this occur? I don't see any settings that I can change.

BTW, creating and printing PDF files from Excel 2000 works fine.

It has GOT to be a printer setting somewhere. The same thing happens when you use either the Writer or Distiller, right? Which indicates that it is not the PDF program (esp if you can successfully create PDFs from Excel).

In Word, have a look under File>Print>Properties and the 'Paper' tab of the Lexmark printer it is set to, and see if the 'Multiple Page' setting reads '9 in 1'. Also make sure the page size is correct there. Cannot think of anything else to suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back