Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Word 2000--compile error in hidden module--autoexec

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfhewitt

Technical User
Jun 6, 2000
US
I just finished a complete restore and fresh install of Office 97 and Word 2000. When I load Word, I get a VB error window stating "compile error in hidden module: autoexec. The only autoexec's I know of are listed in the PDF projects, which are inaccessible?? The window flashes when I start and end Word. How can I get into the project modules to find the compile error?? Thanks. I have a feeling this may be a reinstall glitch.

Go to the Word startup directory (possibly c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Startup). The template(s) you are after are probably here.

Drag the template out of this folder. If you then open the template (not by double clicking on it - do a right-click, open or File-Open) you should be able to access the module that is causing the problem.

Took Donna's advice...found no compile error in either two modules (both for PDF templates). Noticed some references to registry entries for Acrobat key, and tried reloading Acrobat. Cleared up the problem. I guess the trick is to load Acrobat on top of Word2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back