Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Won't install due to this Specific message???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcse63

MIS
Jan 7, 2003
US
A Server object for this server "ServerName" already exists on the Administrative Group "First Administrative Group". You must either remove this server object before installing or run setup with disaster recovery switch. Where in the hell do I find this?? This occured after a failed first install? Any and all input is greatly appreciated. I have removed all groups that were added on the first install and the registry entries, what next?

Hi,

You will need to install the Exchange Manager tools on a separate computer and then Expand Administrative Group, First Administraive Group, right click on the server, click on all tasks, and choose remove server. That should do it.

On a failed install there may be other issues to look at as well, so if you still can't install after that.., you may have to go to the Microsoft site and look for an article on a manual uninstall of Exchange. Check this address:

Hope this helps,

Wyz

I recommend starting AGAIN from scratch these things tend to come back and haunt you .

I would do a complete reinstall OS included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back