Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WONT FORWARD EMAIL 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobez

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2002
GB
I create a new user and give him an internal email address, i also create a recipient with his home email addy, i tell the internal to bounce anyemail to him to the home 1 but it wont send it ?

if i email the home account direct its fine and if i email the work account its fine it just wont send it via the ext ?

any1 know why this is ?

You must create a "Custom Recipient" for your external address not a normal Recipient. Then, on the mailbox properties/Delivery Options TAB insert your newly created custom recipient on the Alternate recipient Box. you can select the check box if you want both recipients to get the message or leave it unchecked if your just want to redirect all the mail.

Not sure if this answers to your question

--------------------------
Pedro Casalinho - Portugal

Thanks pedro, i did that, btu for some reason it wont do it, ive now gone into the user and run a rule in his mailbox.

very weird, good job im going 2000 soon :)

Does it work if you setup a forwaring rule using Out of Office.

if i set up a rule as in all mail to this mailbox forward to some1 on distro list IE his home email . Yes it does.

Okay, the two ways of forwaridng email that I have used here at work are:

1)Under the mailbox properties in Exchange Administrator, modify the delivery options so all mails are forwarded to a custom recipient (who has an external address).

2) Under Our of Office Assistant tell it to forward email to an external address (Custom Recipient not required).

Assuming you are using the Latter of the two, do you have Automaic replies to the internet disabled or any other issues ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back