Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wont come out of screensaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

katman96

Technical User
Jan 16, 2001
Recently I have been having trouble getting my computer out of the "screensaver mode". When the XP logo comes up moving the mouse will sometimes retore operation but other times it takes a reboot. I set the power options to never let the computer hibernate or go into standby but this still happens. I don't know what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried different screen savers? Some, like the 3D ones can cause problems like you are describing.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Try the setting described here.

XP Pro Freezes Coming Out Of Screensaver
thread779-891312

You don't actually need a screensaver. Modern screens don't burn a pattern into themselves, which was the original excuse. And you can also set them to go blank when not used for so-many minutes. People nowadays run them just as novelties. But if it makes trouble, be rid of it.

Madawc Williams (East Anglia)

Gas plasma screens easily burn themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back