Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

won't boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

docmeyer

Technical User
Oct 16, 2001
US
Our client had both air conditioners go out over the weekend in the server room. One NT server had replace system disk error message, thought HD dies, then they said it won't start at all, nothing no power. So now I have it. Sure enough, nothing. Replace power supply, still nothing. So I think MB, replace MB, still nothing , even the fan on the CPU won't spin, only light I see is on ethernet jack on board. Disconnected everything, tried other CPU, still nothing..what am I missing?

TIA

~d The DI from PI
Virginia Beach, VA U.S.A.

Use a multimeter and test all of you cables on your power supply to see if it is burned out - If it isn't then test your ram on another computer to make sure it works - if nothing works after you check all of this then your motherboard could be burnt out although it doesn't sound like it since there is an led lit up DavidDude00@Daw Corp, 1999-2002
%

Okay, went one step further, took out the PS and put it in another test station, wouldn't boot up, the other stupid PS wouldn't boot up the other test station either. Apparently it's the PS, feel pretty stupid... The DI from PI
Virginia Beach, VA U.S.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back