Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WMS 4.1.12 crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwing

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2007
US
When trying to create a wireless service profile that uses wep encryption, the application crashes after putting in the wep keys with the following error:

The application has encountered a serious internal problem and may not be able to continue operating correctly.
Service Status: The server is fully operational.

Anyone have an idea what might be causing this?

There was a WMS issue a long time back that dealt with WEP. By chance do the first characters of your WEP key contain a-f? Below is the bug that was reported in the release notes for 4.1.12.

Configuring or displaying static WEP keys whose first two characters were in the range of a-f (for
example, ab234324234324234234234324) caused WLAN Management Software to crash. (30090)

What version is your WSS on? I'd highly recommend upgrading the WSS to at least 5.0.11.4 or newer, and get WMS on 5.0.11.3. WMS in the version 4 days was buggy, to state it nicely. I've used 5.0.11.3 without any major issues or annoyances.

Thanks, I'll look into upgrading, our wss is on 4.1.0.393, the first 2 chars if the wep key are 6e, does just having any hex a-f in either of the first 2 chars count?

Don't recall. Either way, the software on your WSS is way out of date. I'd upgrade the WSS and WMS software before you go too crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back