Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WMI Query Failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

monsterjta

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2005
US
Hello,

I have a WMI Query that is failing, and cannot for the life of me figure it out. The query is valid, as I've tested it using WMI CIM Studio.

The query:

"SELECT * FROM __InstanceCreationEvent WITHIN 3600 WHERE TargetInstance ISA 'Win32_ShadowCopy'"

This comes standard with the Windows 2003 Server MP, I believe. Actually, I'm not sure which rule or script kicks it off.

Has anyone seen this? If so, I'd appreciate any feedback!

Thanks.

By the way, this happens to be coming from the MOM 2005 Management Server...No other server is having this issue.

hard to isolate if its on ly a single query, but sometimes (and this is REALLY strange) the com object identity gets jacked up and you need to go in and simply reset the password (even if it has not changed) on the MOM DAS object in component services. Note that you may require a reboot of the mgmt server you reset it on for it to fully take affect.

Ok, now I'm even more confused. Two nights ago at around 10pm the errors just stopped coming in. Don't know how or why, cannot see anything unusual or different in the logs. I guess I'm happy they stopped, but am a little disturbed I didn't find the issue. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see the errors again! I just don't like when a server has a mind of it's own...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back