Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wlnotify.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtbakr

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2007
US
I have a user with a Dell Latitude D420. If he logs into the domain manually, ie username and password, everything is fine. If he logs into the laptop using his PKI Card, everything works fine, until he needs to shutdown. The unit will start to run the shutdown scripts, but hangs with the message Executing: C:\Windows\System32\wlnotify.dll
The laptop will not shutdown at all, it will sit for hours, the only way to get it to shutdown is to force it down with the power button. Obviously, this is not what we want. I have reimaged the laptop, twice, same thing. I was told by the image creators here at work that its not their image that is the problem, and the PKI folks say its not theirs. I cannot find a fix anywhere. Anyone seen this before?

A general bit of information about wlnotify.dll. Perhaps you can get a few clues from it?

Wlnotify.dll?
thread779-1148072

Can this Shutdown problem be tested in Safe Mode?

Has this PKI Card ever been able to be used to Shutdown this laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.